The Luminus Network for New Americans is a non-profit located in Columbia, Maryland that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families through legal, social, language, and employment services.
The Administrative Intern will help with a range of activities to support the day-to-day needs of all Luminus programs.
This position reports to the Reception and Intake Coordinator.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with clients via in-person, email, text, and phone communication
- Support the day-to-day operations at the front desk
- Updating records with new information as it becomes available
- Complete intake for new clients
- 10+ hours per week from June 5, 2023 to August 11, 2023 with possibility of extension.
Required Experience / Education
- Advanced/Fluent Spanish – oral and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Prior experience handling data entry responsibilities, working with databases, or equivalent experience in a related field is preferred
- Experience with filing and scanning documents
- Good skills in working with computers, Microsoft Excel and other similar data software (Experience working with Salesforce preferred, but not required)
- Understands data confidentiality principles
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects at once
- Able to take initiative and be proactive
- Strong attention to detail
This is an unpaid, hybrid internship with a requirement of 10-15 hours per week, but greater availability is preferred. The individual must complete a background check.
If you share the Luminus Network for New Americans vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
LUMINUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or service in the military.