Afghan Alliance Internship
The Luminus Network for New Americans is a non-profit located in Columbia, Maryland that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families through legal, social, language, and employment services.
The Afghan Alliance Intern will help with a range of activities to provide essential social services and community integration opportunities to recently arrived Afghan families.
This position reports to the Afghan Alliance Coordinator.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Enter relevant client and service data into appropriate fields, files, records, and CRM database Salesforce
- Engage in client outreach and data collection for Afghan Alliance needs assessment
- Develop materials and resources for newly arrived Afghans
- 10+ hours per week from June 5, 2023 to August 11, 2023 with possibility of extension.
Required Experience / Education:
- Proficiency in Dari and/or Pashto strongly preferred
- Comfortable working with computers, Microsoft 365, and databases (Salesforce)
- Comfortable communicating with clients over phone and text
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Fast learner with strong attention to detail
This is an unpaid internship with a requirement of 10-15 hours per week. There is flexibility in the position being hybrid. The individual must complete a background check.
If you share the Luminus Network for New Americans vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Luminus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or service in the military.