Interested in working with New American job seekers to help them rebuild their careers in the United States? Sign up to be a career mentor. Career mentors will be paired with New American job seekers to help them develop critical skills including networking, interviewing, and job searching. Additionally, mentors will help their partners create a 3-5 year career plan with clear steps they can take to advance their careers in the US.
- Complete a volunteer application
- Complete a background check through Coeus Global
- 5+ years of work experience
- Familiarity with zoom
- Familiarity with job search tools
- Strong Research Skills
- Willingness to cold call / email companies, individuals, etc.
- Work 1 on 1 with mentee for 4 hrs / month
- Attend virtual training session with Employment Specialists (date flexible)
- Attend monthly zoom check-ins on the last Monday of every month at 5:30pm
Interested volunteers can email email@example.com for more information.