Luminus Network is a non-profit organization located in Columbia, Maryland. For over 40 years, Luminus has provided holistic services for immigrants and refugees including immigration legal services, employment services, translation and interpretation, and social services. By providing culturally appropriate services in multiple languages, we are able to develop high quality and necessary programs with and for this underserved population. Our mission is to support new Americans to become self-sufficient and contributing members of local economic development.
The Case Manager will provide information, guidance, service referral, and coordination for refugees, immigrants, and other eligible program participants to strengthen their ability to safely navigate their communities and clear path towards self-sufficient. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support families with applications to programs and resources including assistance in enrolling in applicable benefits such as Medicaid, WIC, CHIP, and SNAP.
- Provide regular follow-up support to program beneficiaries for as public benefit applications progress.
- Support clients accessing additional Luminus or community-based services as needed and applicable, including immigration legal services, medical care, or other services.
- Performing over-the-phone and in-person intakes and consultations.
- Collaborate to plan and conduct community outreach with Luminus stakeholders.
- Clearly document service provision through case notes and other program forms.
- Verify and clearly document payments to clients.
- Maintain relevant reports and statistics related to client activities and program services.
- Conduct closeout survey with clients documenting use of funds and access to other resources and public programs.
- Maintain up to date contact lists, services provided, and address changes in databases.
- Provide administrative support for funding proposals to Program Specialists & Directors
- Attend and contribute to team meetings.
- Conduct and participate in relevant program related trainings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in social work, social sciences, or related field, preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working directly with clients in non-profit immigration or social services programs.
- Spanish proficiency required.
- Broad knowledge of practices, principles, and methods employed in the assistance of refugees, asylees, and asylum seekers.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to write and edit reports and clearly interpret technical requirements.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret program information needed to ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with colleagues, partners, and service providers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of database management, and other computer applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Eager to learn and grow professionally.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com.
LUMINUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard for race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing or service in the military.