Luminus Network for New Americans is a non-profit based in Columbia, MD that supports immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers with legal, social, language, and employment services in their journey as New Americans.
We are seeking a Communications Intern who will support our Director of Digital Communication in strengthening organizational branding and sharing the Luminus Network for New American’s overall mission.
- Create and schedule weekly content for social media including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Write monthly email newsletters to engage community members, stakeholders, and volunteers
- Collaborate with other programs at Luminus to capture client narratives and share content online
- Develop digital content to share information about our programs and services
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects
- Commitment to accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Familiarity with designing high quality digital content
This is an unpaid internship with a requirement of 10-20 hours per week. There is flexibility in the position being hybrid/remote. The individual must complete a background check.
If you share the Luminus Network for New Americans vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Luminus Network for New Americans provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, gender identity, results of genetic testing or service in the military.