Economic Empowerment Internship
Under the supervision and direction of the Employment and Retention Specialist, the Economic Empowerment Intern will help with a range of activities to integrate and connect immigrants and refugees to the U.S. workforce.
- Conduct and complete pre-screening calls to ensure potential candidates meet program entrance requirements.
- Work individually with clients to create resumes, conduct job searches, complete applications, and help them understand U.S. work culture.
- Assist the employment specialists with a variety of projects and administration needs, such entering and updating data on Salesforce.
- Minimum Commitment: 5-10 hours per week for a 3-month period, with possibility of extension.
- High School senior or undergraduate with interested in International Relations, Economics, Adult Education, Sociology, Social Work, Political Science, Public Policy, or a related field.
- Proficient computer and online search skills using programs such as MS Office, Windows, Indeed, Google, LinkedIn, etc.
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish and/or Pashto and/or Dari.
Salary: $16.00 per hour. This position is not eligible for benefits such as medical insurance or paid leave, etc.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com by January 31st. Write “Economic Empowerment Internship” in the subject line, please.