The Luminus Network for New Americans is a non-profit located in Columbia, Maryland that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families through legal, social, language, and employment services.
The Legal Intern will help with a range of activities to support the Immigration Legal Department at Luminus.
This position reports to the Director of Legal.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Entering data into appropriate fields, files, records, and central database
- Updating the records with new information as it becomes available
- Transferring physical records into a digital filing system
- Other clerical duties as required.
- 10+ hours per week from June 5, 2023 to August 11, 2023 with possibility of extension.
Required Experience / Education:
- Experience working in a legal office or setting
- Experience with filing documents and scanning
This is an unpaid, in-person internship with a requirement of 10-15 hours per week, but greater availability is preferred. The individual must complete a background check.
If you share the Luminus Network for New Americans vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Luminus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or service in the military.