Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Luminus Network is a non-profit organization located in Columbia, Maryland. For over 40 years, Luminus has provided holistic services for immigrants and refugees including immigration legal services, employment services, translation and interpretation, and social services. By providing culturally appropriate services in multiple languages, we are able to develop high quality and necessary programs with and for this underserved population. Our mission is to support new Americans to become self-sufficient and contributing members of local economic development.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is a vital part of Luminus’ service focusing implementation of marketing, public relations, advertising, and promotional strategy for the organization. This is a part-time, non-exempt, hybrid position reporting to the Director of Programs.
- Write and edit content including website copy, blog content, newsletters, print collateral pieces, social media posts, speeches, talking points, and other forms of outgoing communication to the community.
- Design concepts for visually telling the story of Luminus, incorporating imagery and graphics to effectively communicate key messages and achievements.
- Develops innovative, visually appealing brochures, 1 pager, reports, social media graphics, and presentations.
- Edit and enhance photos and images as needed.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations and other agency documents.
- Craft messages that effectively communicate Luminus’ goals, initiatives, and accomplishments while maintaining consistent language and messaging.
- Gather information for content from a variety of sources by initiating contact and establishing relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Develop, oversee, and refine media strategies across multiple platforms including, but not limited to blogs, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, X formerly known as Twitter, Constant Contact, etc.
- Regularly monitor conversations on all channels and appropriately respond to comments in a timely manner that is representative of the brand’s voice.
- Create and execute email marketing campaigns, newsletters, and outreach initiatives.
- Segment email lists for targeted messaging and audience engagement.
- Attend Luminus events designed to communicate Luminus mission and work.
- Assist in planning, preparation, and executing of marketing events.
- Support departments, partners, and other organizations with marketing needs on request.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging marketing tools and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or a related field
- Proven experience in marketing and content creation
- Proficiency in graphic design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) and email marketing platforms
- Strong creative and visual storytelling abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create impactful and informative content
- Attention to detail and a commitment to meeting deadlines
Hourly Rate: $24 | Part-Time: 20 hours per week
How to apply
If you share Luminus’ vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LUMINUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard for race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing or service in the military.