Reception & Intake Coordinator
The Luminus Network for New Americans is a nonprofit that supports New Americans (immigrants, refugees, asylees, and all newcomers) from Baltimore to Washington, DC with legal, social, and employment services. We are seeking a Reception and Intake Coordinator to support the intake of new clients, welcome guests, and manage the reception.
The Reception and Intake Coordinator will be a vital part of Luminus’ growing service by focusing on the “customer journey” of new and existing clients, ensuring that all who contact and interact with us have an exceptional experience. The individual will greet, assist, and provide direction to serve those seeking help and directing them to the appropriate internal and external resources who can support their experience.
Applicants should enjoy working with people, take initiative, and possess strong listening skills. Candidates should also be customer service oriented, flexible, and patient. This is a full-time, non-exempt, in-person position. Specific tasks include but are not limited to the following duties. All duties related to the legal department will be performed under the supervision of an attorney or accredited representative:
- Greeting clients, visitors, and guests; assessing the purpose of each person’s visit and directing the client to the appropriate service
- Answering, screening, tracking, and directing phone calls to staff
- Receiving mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and distributing to staff
- Processing all incoming and outgoing legal mail
- Processing requests for passport photos and other small, non-legal services
- Assisting with conflict checks
- Coordinating consultations for new legal services
- Translating documents and interpreting client appointments as necessary
- Drafting routine correspondence for legal clients
- Maintaining confidentiality of legal information
- Performing administrative and clerical support tasks
- Performing data entry in our customer relationship management database
- Performing basic filing and recordkeeping
- Performing other duties as needed
The Reception and Intake Coordinator will also support Luminus’ programs by:
- Enrolling new clients in our database and making certain their information leads to follow up by other Luminus staff in legal, social, and employment services
- Processing payments for walk-in guests for various services
- Providing office management support, including maintaining and ordering supplies, and coordinating computer upgrades with staff and IT
- Assisting with data collection and reporting for grants and internal reports
- Assist and participate in Luminus’ outreach/community events
In addition to the skills above, the Reception and Intake Coordinator should be creative and adaptive in meeting the needs of clients in today’s COVID-19 environment. The ideal candidate will be an excellent problem solver who can address the administrative demands of our front office that count on a successful experience and outcomes for those we support.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Spanish fluency is required, multi-lingual candidates preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is $40,000 with a benefits package including health, dental, disability and life insurance, generous leave, and a retirement plan.
If you share Luminus’ vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
Luminus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing or service in the military.