Social Services Internship
The Luminus Network for New Americans is a non-profit located in Columbia, Maryland that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families through legal, social, language, and employment services.
The Social Services Intern will help with a range of activities to provide essential social services and community integration opportunities to New Americans.
This position reports to the Outreach and Intake Coordinator.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Enter relevant client and service data into appropriate fields, files, records and CRM database Salesforce
- Research and scout referral agencies and organization in Howard County and surrounding areas
- Develop materials and resources relating to various Social Service needs
- Assist with case work
- 10+ hours per week from June 5, 2023 to August 11, 2023 with possibility of extension.
Required Experience / Education:
- Advanced/Fluent Spanish – oral and written
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Comfortable asking questions, communicating, and networking with community partners/members
- Strong research skills
- Comfortable communicating with clients over phone and text
- Comfortable working with computers, Microsoft 365, and databases (Salesforce)
- Fast learner with strong attention to detail
- Access to reliable transportation
This is an unpaid internship with a requirement of 10-15 hours per week, but greater availability is preferred. There is flexibility in the position being hybrid. The individual must complete a background check.
If you share the Luminus Network for New Americans vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luminus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or service in the military.