Afghan Alliance of Maryland Volunteer & Network Coordinator
The Luminus Network for New Americans empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families with legal, social, and language services in their journey as New Americans. Our objective is to ensure full independence as an outcome where agency for those we serve is strengthened, hastened, and successful through a coordinated service model. To do this, we are seeking an Afghan Alliance Volunteer & Network Coordinator to lead efforts to connect volunteers and Afghan families.
The Afghan Alliance Volunteer & Network Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, organizing, and supervision of Luminus volunteers, especially those interested in supporting the Afghan Alliance of Maryland. This role will have dual functionalities, vital to a unique service delivery model seeking transformative change for our clients and the volunteers who support them. First, the ideal candidate will be responsible for connecting individuals, volunteers, and organizations who wish to support clients referred to Luminus. Second, they will be responsible for managing our technical capacity related to software and systems to support partner organizations also serving clients. This entails facilitating our being a “network of networks” that ensures all nonprofits and service networks (churches, civic groups, etc.) can connect to volunteers across organizations.
Both functionalities require an ability to manage the dynamics of volunteer demands, supporting systems change, and being thoughtful about creating capacity to serve the long-term integration needs of these new arrivals. As such, the ideal candidate will create and sustain liaison with the local community in multiple jurisdictions engaging a network of support through events, outreach, and social media that catalyzes support and excitement around the mission of Luminus and supporting the Afghan Alliance of Maryland. They will report to the Family & Community Services Manager.
Afghan Alliance Volunteer & Network Coordinator Essential Duties
- Lead volunteer program utilizing CRM (Salesforce) to match beneficiary needs to volunteer skills
- Oversee onboarding for all volunteers, including volunteer intake form, processing background checks, leading general orientation sessions, and managing other situations
- Conduct training and provide ongoing supervision for all volunteers
- Lead coordination of one time or ongoing volunteer efforts such as health clinics, English classes, etc.
- Respond to queries from potential partners and volunteers in a timely manner
- Plan and execute outreach events as needed to increase awareness in the community about Afghan Alliance of Maryland
- Conduct outreach programs to solicit volunteer applications
- Coordinate with staff to ensure community is made aware of important functions and events
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with customer relationship management, Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
- Social media and graphic design experience – design and posting images, videos, and stories
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience in public speaking and outreach
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Bilingual/multilingual speaker of Dari and/or Pashto preferred
If you share Luminus’ vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luminus Network for New Americans provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing or service in the military.