Reception & Intake Coordinator
Luminus Network for New Americans is a non-profit organization located in Columbia, Maryland and serving the region that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees, and other new Americans with legal, social, employment, and language services. We seek a Reception and Intake Coordinator to support all reception and front office duties with an emphasis on supporting Language Prose, our translation and interpretation service.
The Reception and Intake Coordinator is a vital part of Luminus’ service, focusing on the customer journey and ensuring that all who contact and interact with Luminus have an exceptional experience. The person greets, assists, and provides directions to serve the inquiries and requests of callers and visitors. This person is customer service oriented, flexible, and patient. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt, in-person position. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Greeting clients, visitors, and guests; assessing the purpose of each person’s visit and directing the client to the appropriate service.
- Answering, screening, tracking, and directing phone calls to staff.
- Processing all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Enrolling clients in the database.
- Processing payments for walk-in guests for various services.
- Assisting with data collection and reporting for grants and internal reports.
- Processing and assisting with requests for small, non-legal services.
- Preparing quotes for all translation and interpretation requests.
- Coordinating services between Language Prose vendors and other language services and clients.
- Reviewing time sheets submitted by Language Prose vendors.
- Maintaining a roster of vetted translators and interpreters.
- Translating documents and interpreting client appointments, as necessary and able.
- Performing administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Performing other duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with immigrants and be an excellent problem solver who can address the administrative demands of the front office while creating a successful experience and outcomes for those we support.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Spanish fluency is required, multi-lingual candidates preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is $37,000 with a benefits package including health, dental, disability, and life insurance; generous leave; and a retirement plan.
If you share Luminus’ vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
Luminus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.