Marketing & Communications Internship
The Luminus Network for New Americans is a non-profit located in Columbia, Maryland that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families through legal, social, language, and employment services.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will help with a range of activities to strengthen organizational branding and share the Luminus Network mission.
This position reports to the Director of Programs.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create and schedule weekly content for social media including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Write monthly email newsletters to engage community members, stakeholders, and volunteers
- Collaborate with other programs at Luminus to capture client narratives and share content online
- Develop digital content to share information about our programs and services
- 10+ hours per week from June 5, 2023 to August 11, 2023 with possibility of extension.
Required Experience / Education:
- Experience using Canva, photoshop, and other similar platforms preferred
- Experience using Constant Contact or similar platforms preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects
- Commitment to accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Familiarity with designing high quality digital content
This is an unpaid internship with a requirement of 10+ hours per week, but greater availability is preferred. There is flexibility in the position being hybrid/remote. The individual must complete a background check.
If you share the Luminus Network for New Americans vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter, resume, and content portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luminnus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or service in the military.