Volunteer Management Internship
The Luminus Network for New Americans is a non-profit located in Columbia, Maryland that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families through legal, social, language, and employment services.
The Volunteer Management Intern will help with a range of activities to support the day-to-day program needs that provide essential social services and community integration opportunities to New Americans through volunteer initiatives.
This position reports to the Volunteer & Network Coordinator.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Confirm volunteer sign ups via email, text, and phone communication
- Support the development of systems to improve volunteer programs day-to-day operation
- Updating records with new information as it becomes available
- Lead volunteer onboarding using Salesforce forms and Volunteer Management Platform
- Request background checks for interested and eligible volunteers and review results using Coeus Global
- Create and update volunteer opportunities on Salesforce Volunteer Management calendar
- Support volunteer initiatives including Career Mentors, Welcome Dinners, High School Volunteer Block, English tutoring, and events.
- 10+ hours per week from June 5, 2023 to August 11, 2023 with possibility of extension.
Required Experience / Education
- Prior experience handling data entry responsibilities, working with databases, or equivalent experience in a related field is preferred
- Good skills in working with computers, Microsoft Excel and other similar data software (Experience working with Salesforce preferred, but not required)
- Understands data confidentiality principles
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects at once
- Able to take initiative and be proactive
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Foreign language experience preferred, but not required
This is an unpaid, hybrid internship with a requirement of 10-15 hours per week, but greater availability is preferred. The individual must complete a background check.
If you share the Luminus Network for New Americans vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Luminus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or service in the military.